Topics

moderated Compare page error (maybe) #bug

Bruce Bowman

The plan comparison page at https://groups.io/static/compare shows that Basic groups have access to the API.

I don't recall any announcement to this effect. What's in error, the page or my memory?

Thanks,
Bruce

Gilbert Coville

The comparison used to be on the pricing page. Here are a couple Wayback Machine snapshots that show that API access for Basic changed at some point between January and April 2020.
https://web.archive.org/web/20200110180601/https://groups.io/static/pricing
https://web.archive.org/web/20200405154828/https://groups.io/static/pricing

Gilbert

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 12:11 PM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
The plan comparison page at https://groups.io/static/compare shows that Basic groups have access to the API.

I don't recall any announcement to this effect. What's in error, the page or my memory?

Initially, API access was going to be a premium only feature, but since the app uses the API, there's no practical way of limiting access. So it's available to all.