Collect replies (Re:) from other languages in the same topic thread #suggestion

Ken Landaiche

I'm in a group that has members from other countries. And their email programs reply to a post with their country's usual reply indicator. But Groups treats these replies as a new topic, so a topic gets spread out across a lot of posts.

I suggest sophisiticating the function that gathers "Re: [topic]" in to the "[topic]" thread by looking for reply tokens from other languages and including them in the original post thread.

One recent reply has this in the beginning of the title: "Angående: Re: Angående: Re: [topic]". This makes it the fourth new thread generated by our foreign member replying to local replies to his replies to the original topic. (Even describing this sounds confusing)

Anyway, carry on.

Duane

On Fri, Jun 3, 2022 at 05:35 PM, Ken Landaiche wrote:
I'm in a group that has members from other countries. And their email programs reply to a post with their country's usual reply indicator. But Groups treats these replies as a new topic, so a topic gets spread out across a lot of posts.
Not all of them.  Folks have been posting examples of the foreign "re:" and Mark has been adding them to the algorithm.  See https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/88788615

Duane

Ken Landaiche

Oh, cool. I'm slightly behind the curve then. Should I post ones here that escape the algorithm? No, just checked that thread you linked. That looks like it could be a better place to suggest further tags, unless its age precludes that.