Topics

locked Collapsing of messages

Mark, If you look at your message here: https://groups.io/thread/7557?m=0&o=0, your entire message was collapsed.

I've seen that in a few other messages as well.

Chris Leong wrote:

Mark, If you look at your message here:
https://groups.io/thread/7557?m=0&o=0, your entire message was
collapsed.
Looks like Mark's text got wrapped up with the quote above it.

aka:
https://groups.io/org/groupsio/beta/message/263

Speaking of which, there needs to be a permalink or some other means to get the URL of a specific message when in a threaded view. I had to go the long way about to get that one.

-- Shal

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 11:57 AM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:
Chris Leong wrote:

> Mark, If you look at your message here:
> https://groups.io/thread/7557?m=0&o=0, your entire message was
> collapsed.

Looks like Mark's text got wrapped up with the quote above it.

aka:
https://groups.io/org/groupsio/beta/message/263

Bah. That stuff is hard (for me). I will fix it in the morning. Thanks for pointing it out.

Speaking of which, there needs to be a permalink or some other means to get the URL of a specific message when in a threaded view. I had to go the long way about to get that one.

There is. The little chain link at the bottom right of each message, after 'View Original', is a permalink.

Mark,

There is. The little chain link at the bottom right of each message,
after 'View Original', is a permalink.
D'oh! I had taken it to be some odd decoration of the "View Original" link. Should'a hovered.

I was going to suggest that the message date/time be used as the permalink (I've seen that done before), but having an explicit icon is better. Instead I'll suggest that perhaps it belongs up on the top bar with the other information-about-the-message items (sender & date) rather than in the bottom row with actions (Group Reply, Delete Message and View Original).

-- Shal