From: "Shal Farley" <@Shal>
To: <beta@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Changed how polls work #poll

Mark,

The display then immediately switches to the Results display, if the
poll is configured to show results before the poll is closed.
The "Vote" button appearing at the bottom of the Results display is a little puzzling at first, especially if you get there by having just voted. Maybe it should say "Change Vote" or something to indicate what it allows you to do, and hence why you might click it.

Or would that be too confusing to people that get there without having voted yet (clicked Results)?

-- Shal

Jennifer Christian

Mark, I composed my first ever real poll for members yesterday.   I would have felt MUCH better if there had been a button called "save and view" the poll (as members will actually see it) or even "test" it -- before I sent it out to the group.

I was surprised and relieved when the poll then showed up as something I had to approve before it was released to everyone -- a great relief.  But, I would felt better doing that in the compose view.

Jennifer Christian

ACOEM-WFD Section list-serv

Mark, the polls are looking great!

I just noticed something, closing out my old multi-choice poll. I think the percentages on polls where multiple choices can be selected aren't being calculated as expected. When voters can select more than one option, the percentages should be based on total number of voters, not with respect to each other.

That is, say there are 10 voters on a two-choice poll, where both choices can be selected, and 8 people selected choice 1 and 8 people selected choice 2. (Some number of those may have selected both choices.) Right now, that would be reported as 50% for each choice. I think it should be reported as 80% for each choice.

JohnF

Judy F.

Thanks Shal, yep I see the Thank you for voting now.

Judy F.
SW Florida - USA