Topics

moderated change or add "updated" date for updated files

It might be helpful to see the date a file was updated, instead of or in addition to the original date it was uploaded (which is all that shows now in the display).

Gerald Boutin <groupsio@...>

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 01:34 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
It might be helpful to see the date a file was updated, instead of or in addition to the original date it was uploaded (which is all that shows now in the display).

Agreed, and my preference would be just the latest date.

--
Gerald

On Tue, Jan 7, 2020 at 11:40 AM, Gerald Boutin wrote:
my preference would be just the latest date
Agreed. Also would be nice to add a description of the update to the (already existing) optional notification to members that the file has been updated.

Ann Wild

I agree as well.  I have updated our Guidelines several times of late, but having the old original upload date remaining is misleading to readers.  My only option is to add the update date in the description.  But readers may miss that.

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 08:46 AM, Ann Wild wrote:
I agree as well.  I have updated our Guidelines several times
I'm talking about Files, not Member Notices. There's already an update date at the bottom of the Guidelines and members don't see any "upload date" for Member Notices anyway. The request is inapplicable to them.

On Wed, Jan 8, 2020 at 08:49 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
The request is inapplicable to them.
I should say the request *as stated* is inapplicable to them. There's nothing preventing having an optional update notification for Group Guidelines, if Mark sees fit to implement that. But I'd say it's in the "don't hold your breath category." The request as stated here is a five-second fix.

Hi All,

The Files section now displays the Updated date in the 'Uploaded' column.

Cheers,
Mark

I support that request. It would be very helpful in one of my groups which uses
a lot of small files with frequent updates to some of them.

On 7 Jan 2020 at 9:34, J_Catlady wrote:

It might be helpful to see the date a file was updated, instead of or in
addition to the original date it was uploaded (which is all that shows now in
the display). -- J

My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond
Tutu
--
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom (needs updating)