moderated Cannot remove member #bug

Bruce Bowman

Mark -- The system is keeping me from removing a Member because they are the "sole Owner of the group" (even though they aren't). See screenshots.

I don't think it's an artifact of the new member filter. If I open that first member record and click the Remove button, the same thing happens. The fact that there's only two total people in this group may be a factor.

FYI,
Bruce

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 2:49 PM Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:
Mark -- The system is keeping me from removing a Member because they are the "sole Owner of the group" (even though they aren't). See screenshots.

That member is the sole owner of the `thisone` subgroup. Removing them from the parent group would remove them from all subgroups.

Yep, that error message should be improved.

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 06:14 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
That member is the sole owner of the `thisone` subgroup. Removing them from the parent group would remove them from all subgroups.
Ah. I forgot it even had a subgroup.

We had a similar inquiry in GMF a few months back. Filing this one away for future reference!

Thanks,
Bruce

Bruce Bowman

On Fri, Apr 16, 2021 at 06:14 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
That member is the sole owner of the `thisone` subgroup. Removing them from the parent group would remove them from all subgroups.

Yep, that error message should be improved.
Hm. On further thought:

Should this even be an error? In the absence of a subgroup Owner, can't the Owner of the main group promote someone?

Regards,
Bruce