Topics

moderated Calendar Reminder #bug

Bob Bellizzi

My calendar entries for meetings seem to be generating Reminders when I have none set.
I have 3 repeating calendar events for meetings each of which occur once every odd month on the first, second and third Saturdays respectively.
The Calendar entry has a very clear No Reminders Set but we are still getting reminders one day to one week in advance of the meeting.
The original entry had reminders set up but with covid-19, we eliminated the meetings and simply added "Cancelled" to the title and removed all reminders.
For Mark's use, they are messages 166765 and 166766 in the Restricted, premium group FuchsFriends
  • Bob Bellizzi

Hi Bob,

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 2:05 PM Bob Bellizzi <cdfexec@...> wrote:
My calendar entries for meetings seem to be generating Reminders when I have none set.
I have 3 repeating calendar events for meetings each of which occur once every odd month on the first, second and third Saturdays respectively.
The Calendar entry has a very clear No Reminders Set but we are still getting reminders one day to one week in advance of the meeting.
The original entry had reminders set up but with covid-19, we eliminated the meetings and simply added "Cancelled" to the title and removed all reminders.
For Mark's use, they are messages 166765 and 166766 in the Restricted, premium group FuchsFriends

I'm not sure what happened, but I don't think you should get any more reminders for those events. Please contact me off-list if you do.

Andy Wedge

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 10:05 PM, Bob Bellizzi wrote:
My calendar entries for meetings seem to be generating Reminders when I have none set.
There was a recent discussion on GMF about ghost reminders and I reported an incident like this last year.

Andy

Bob Bellizzi

I was aware of the GMF conversation but so what?
The problem persisted after that which indicated it's a bug

--

Bob Bellizzi

Andy Wedge

On Sat, May 9, 2020 at 08:02 PM, Bob Bellizzi wrote:
I was aware of the GMF conversation but so what?
The problem persisted after that which indicated it's a bug
My comment was to make you (and others) aware that this bug is a long standing issue and hardly warrants a 'so what' response.

Andy

Bob Bellizzi

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 02:20 PM, Andy Wedge wrote:
My comment was to make you (and others) aware that this bug is a long standing issue and hardly warrants a 'so what' response.
My response to you is that the proper place to report a bug is here, on Beta.
Mr Fletcher, the owner of Groups.io has stated for at least the 5 years I've had groups hosted here, that he does not monitor GMF, therefore, a discussion on GMF, which I follow daily, is not a substitute for reporting a bug via Beta.

I fail to understand why you commented as you did about my bug report, which Mr. Fletcher acknowledged and acted upon.

--

Bob Bellizzi

Andy Wedge

On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 03:44 AM, Bob Bellizzi wrote:
My response to you is that the proper place to report a bug is here, on Beta.
I am fully aware of where to report bugs

 a discussion on GMF, which I follow daily
If you had read it carefully you would have seen that I quoted the support ticket number showing that it had previously been raised as an issue.

[GMF], is not a substitute for reporting a bug via Beta.
I didn't say it was.

I fail to understand why you commented as you did about my bug report, which Mr. Fletcher acknowledged and acted upon.
As I said previously, just to make you (and others) aware that this issue has happened before.  Mark 'acted upon' my bug report last year. The fact that some people are still seeing ghost reminders suggests either that the issue wasn't fixed or perhaps it was fixed at the time but something has changed to make it reappear.

Enough said.

Andy