Calendar not sending Special Notices #bug

Jim F.

Our group has meetings twice a month (2nd & 4th Saturdays).  The Calendar is set to send out Special Notice reminders 5 days and 5 hours ahead of each meeting.  But it has started sending the reminders as regular notices that go only to those who are subscribed to get all email posts, not to all members who are subscribed to get Special Notices.  The 'Send as a Special Notice' box is checked for both Calendar reminders.  I tried deleting the Calendar events and setting up new ones, but it didn't help: today's notice went out as a regular notice, so I had to resend it manually as a Special Notice (which worked).  The last Calendar-generated Special Notice was sent 5/22, and the first Calendar-generated regular post was sent 6/07.  Was there an update in that period, or is there something I can do to get the automatic Special Notices working again?  Thanks and best regards.  -Jim F.

Andy Wedge

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 07:07 PM, Jim F. wrote:
I can do to get the automatic Special Notices working again
I've just done a test and can replicate what you say. If you set the Special attribute on the #cal-reminder hashtag the reminder will go out as a special message. You may not want that for all reminders though.  You can moderate the hashtag to make sure the reminders are going out as you wish. Not a fix but perhaps a workaround in the short term.

Andy

Jim F.

Andy-

Thank you!  That works fine for us (we don't send any other Calendar reminders.)

I really appreciate the help.  Best regards.

-Jim

On Mon, Jul 5, 2021 at 11:07 AM Jim F. via groups.io <JimF56s=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]
_
This should be fixed now.