Topics

locked Calendar is live

Hi Mark!

Calendars are tricky beasts; no doubt there will be bugs. Please let me
know if you find anything or have suggestions.
Didn't receive the reminder I'd set for my 8pm (PST) event in shalstest group. It had two reminders set, 5 minutes and 1 day. I created the event less than one day in advance so I didn't really expect to get the 1 day reminder, but should have received the 5 minute reminder.

Noticed that it is possible to set the end time ahead of the start time. Looks like they automatically get reversed upon save. That may be the best answer, not sure.

-- Shal

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 12:47 AM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:
Didn't receive the reminder I'd set for my 8pm (PST) event in shalstest group. It had two reminders set, 5 minutes and 1 day. I created the event less than one day in advance so I didn't really expect to get the 1 day reminder, but should have received the 5 minute reminder.

I just tested it myself and it worked for me. Unfortunately, the logs rolled before I could look at what happened at 7:55pm last night. I've changed the logs so that I'll have more information.

Reminders do not get sent to people with No Mail subscriptions, or for subscriptions that are pending or banned. Could that be the case for shalstest? If not, can you run another test? I'll have better logs this time to try to diagnose the problem.

Ok, I found a problem with reminders which has been fixed. It only had to do with repeating events; the reminders were being created incorrectly.

If you have a repeating event with reminders, you will want to delete that repeating event and then recreate it (along with the reminders). That will recreate the reminders. I apologize for the inconvenience.

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 8:46 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 12:47 AM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:
Didn't receive the reminder I'd set for my 8pm (PST) event in shalstest group. It had two reminders set, 5 minutes and 1 day. I created the event less than one day in advance so I didn't really expect to get the 1 day reminder, but should have received the 5 minute reminder.

I just tested it myself and it worked for me. Unfortunately, the logs rolled before I could look at what happened at 7:55pm last night. I've changed the logs so that I'll have more information.

Reminders do not get sent to people with No Mail subscriptions, or for subscriptions that are pending or banned. Could that be the case for shalstest? If not, can you run another test? I'll have better logs this time to try to diagnose the problem.

Mark,

Reminders do not get sent to people with No Mail subscriptions, or for
subscriptions that are pending or banned. Could that be the case for
shalstest?
Nope. I've got two email addresses in the group that are on Individual.

If not, can you run another test?
I set two up last night, and the results are mixed: I got a reminder notice for one but not the other.

One common element to the failures is that yesterday's and today's were both repeating events. The one that worked was not.

Correlation does not imply causation, but it is gesturing furtively...
http://xkcd.com/552/

-- Shal

On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

One common element to the failures is that yesterday's and today's were both repeating events. The one that worked was not.

Correlation does not imply causation, but it is gesturing furtively...

Yep, that makes total sense and in this case correlation followed causation. It was a problem with reminders for repeating events. They were not created in the database correctly. I've deleted the bad reminders. Unfortunately, that means for you to get reminders on those events, the best thing to do is to delete your repeating events and recreate them. Sorry for the hassle. Sometimes I'm amazed I'm allowed near the code base. Probably because I'm the only one here.....