moderated Calendar events message title and contents issues #bug

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

If 'Send Invites On Join' is set for a group calendar then:

  • The email subject for the invites when someone joins is 'Calendar events for <GroupEmailAddress> but when they leave, the email subject is the name of the first event that appears in the attached .ICS file.
  • The text of both messages refers to 'upcoming' events but the attached ICS file contains details of past events too.
Regards
Andy

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 9:41 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

If 'Send Invites On Join' is set for a group calendar then:

  • The email subject for the invites when someone joins is 'Calendar events for <GroupEmailAddress> but when they leave, the email subject is the name of the first event that appears in the attached .ICS file.
Hmmm. Does the body of the email start with 'Attached are calendar removal notices' ?

  • The text of both messages refers to 'upcoming' events but the attached ICS file contains details of past events too.
That's by design, to remove all events from your calendar.

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 10:23 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hmmm. Does the body of the email start with 'Attached are calendar removal notices' ?
Yes, correct.  The first entry in the ICS file is from a test I did in 2019.

  • The text of both messages refers to 'upcoming' events but the attached ICS file contains details of past events too.
That's by design, to remove all events from your calendar.
I can understand the need to remove all events but the word 'upcoming' doesn't make much sense for past events.

Regards
Andy

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 2:42 PM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 10:23 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hmmm. Does the body of the email start with 'Attached are calendar removal notices' ?
Yes, correct.  The first entry in the ICS file is from a test I did in 2019.

I believe that is your email client ignoring the actual subject line of the email and instead substituting in the name of the first event as the subject.

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Jun 23, 2021 at 10:50 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I believe that is your email client ignoring the actual subject line of the email and instead substituting in the name of the first event as the subject.
Hmm. It seems you are correct. The email address is a Gmail account that I am pulling into Outlook. I've checked the same message via the Gmail web interface and it looks OK there.  It's odd that it does it for calendar removal notices but not for the invites sent when joining a group.

Andy