Topics

moderated Calendar - Date Format on Reminder Notices

Pamela Tatt

I asked this question in the GMF and it was suggest it might be a matter for the beta group.

I am struggling to find where to change the date format for calendar reminders.
I am in Australia and use the DD.MM.YY format.  I have this selected everywhere I can find to make a selection but the reminders still arrive with the American format of MM.DD.YY which is confusing for our elderly members.

Is it possible to add a selection box for Date Formats to the Calendar??  Either when adding Events or as a Default setting perhaps?

Kind regards,
Pamela

Pamela,

Is it possible to add a selection box for Date Formats to the
Calendar??
I don't think a new setting is needed. But I do think the reminders and notices sent from the calendar should obey the subscriber's Date and Time Display settings (from the recipient's Account Preferences page).

At present the Subject line is in US format ("10/30/18"). In the body of the reminder the month is spelled out (e.g. "30 October 2018") so that may be ok.

Shal

Michael Morris

Our members are finding the use of US date format in the reminders confusing.  Please can we have option to have the reminders in the groups default date format?

Hi All,

I've changed the reminders emails to use the group's default date and time formats.

On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 7:17 AM Michael Morris <michaelmorris4@...> wrote:
Our members are finding the use of US date format in the reminders confusing.  Please can we have option to have the reminders in the groups default date format?

Michael Morris

Thanks, you sir are a hero. :-)

Pamela Tatt

Thank you Mark!