Topics

moderated Bugs sent to support not generating acknowledgements #Bug about bugs #bug

Mark,

Happy New Year!

I am posting this on beta, although it's a bug, only because I am no longer sure that bug reports are getting through to support. The problem I am reporting here is that for the past 2-4 months, I have not been receiving the standard acknowledgement of any bugs I've sent to the support address. Recently, Duane posted here that he had not been getting them either, and surmised that it was because he doesn't have a premium group; to which you (Mark) responded that nothing was supposed to have changed, he is supposed to get them, and to let you know if it happens again. I then responded that I'm not getting them either, and I do have a premium group.

About a week ago, (and also this morning), it happened again: I sent a bug report to support, did not receive an acknowledgement, and then (for the one a week ago) forwarded the whole thing to your groups.io email address with an explanatory note because I wasn't sure it got through to support. I don't know if you received that, but I heard nothing back and assumed that it is because you are on vacation, which is totally cool but I just want you to know that this is happening. It happened again this morning (the bug is that the Past Members page incorrectly shows some Rejected members - logged correctly in their History - as having been Removed). 

Since I'm receiving crickets from all of this, I decided to post about it on beta so that you will at least be aware of the problem. I will not post or email about it again until I hear something back one way or the other, either on beta, or from support, or from your email address. Meanwhile I will just try to keep track of the bugs I'm sending.

Thanks and Happy New Year!

J

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

Sandi D

On Wed, Jan 1, 2020 at 11:11 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
I have not been receiving the standard acknowledgement of any bugs I've sent to the support address
I posted in another thread how it would be useful to have a "bug" group. The reason being, I was interested in following their reporting and which ones were being addressed. I had no idea that bugs sent to Support were ever acknowledged. As a newbie to GIO bug reporting, I thought it was normal for Support emails to vanished into a black hole of sorts. Nice to know that isn't how it used to be. 

--
Sandi Dickenson
ASG Volunteers Group.