Topics

locked Bugs or something else? #bug

Nightowl >8#

Mark,

A couple questions, not sure if they are bugs.

1. When I was replying on the interface in Beta, the message number box at the top would not always work whenever I was taken to my reply (i.e. the last post in the group.

2. I thought you said that you had fixed the Reply feature so that it would allow you to return to the post you just replied to, but if you did, I don't see it, or it isn't working. Is it a bug, or is it still pending?

Thanks,

Brenda

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 11:43 PM, Feathered Leader featheredleader@... wrote:

1. When I was replying on the interface in Beta, the message number box at the top would not always work whenever I was taken to my reply (i.e. the last post in the group.

2. I thought you said that you had fixed the Reply feature so that it would allow you to return to the post you just replied to, but if you did, I don't see it, or it isn't working. Is it a bug, or is it still pending?

I've just pushed some updates that will help with navigation. When viewing individual messages or threads, there s now a left arrow in the nav bar at the top, which will take you back to where you were before (either the Threads View or the Messages View). And when it does so, the message or thread that you were viewing will be highlighted by a little blue line, so you can remember your place. Also, where you're sent after sending a reply should be a little more intelligent.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Mark

Nightowl >8#

Mark wrote:>>Also, where you're sent after sending a reply should be a little more intelligent.
Let me know if you see any problems.<<

I get the blue line part, thanks. :)

I'm still sent to the the post I made as a reply), instead of being sent back to the post that I replied to, after I send the reply.

What I'm looking for is an option to be returned to the message I was replying to, so I can continue reading and replying where I was. Does that explain it better?

What I've had to do so far is hit my browser's back arrow and back over my reply and etc, and manage to get to the post before the one I replied to, then I can hit the browsers next arrow and get to the post I replied to.

Is there an easier way?

Brenda

One thing I noticed Brenda doing was replying to messages that were old enough to be several pages back on the message list, then being taken to the most recent message on the message list after posting the reply (that is, the reply itself).  There's no blue bar in that case, and changing the page to find the original message doesn't show the blue bar, either.

JohnF