Topics

Bug in Settings Member Notices - Active Message #bug

Chris V

If I go into Admin > Settings and then look at the Member Notices section I find that the invite notice/message is not active.

If I edit that notice I find that the check box, Active Message, to set it as active is not displayed.

Looking at the html/css for the page the check box is there but has a style of Display: none

Am I correct and can this be fixed as I cannot see how to make the notice active?

thanks
Chris

Please remember that beta@ is not for bug reports. Please contact support@groups.io if you have a bug report.

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 12:49 AM Chris V <chris@...> wrote:
If I go into Admin > Settings and then look at the Member Notices section I find that the invite notice/message is not active.

Only messages that are (potentially) involved in email commands have the concept of being active anymore. You used to be able to mark an invite message as active, but that was before there was a selector in the invite screen to pick which invite message to use.

Thanks,
MarkĀ 

Duane

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 02:49 AM, Chris V wrote:
This has been well covered in GMF and is not a bug.

Duane

Chris V

Mark
so sorry to have posted in the wrong place. I note this has been covered in the GMF but I don't tend to read all posts.
Perhaps the Invite messages should have some other flag than active, say Available or Selectable
This would be less confusing for owners.

Thanks for groups.io, it is a great system
Chris