Topics

billing showis nonzero amount of space used for "database images" but we have no database #misc

Our group used to have a Cats database and we eventually got rid of it. Our Database tab shows "no tables." Yet under Billing, we are still being dec'd by some amount of space for "Database Images." Maybe this is a bug, or maybe it's space used for a setup that exists in every group even if there is no database yet, but either way, it sure looks weird. Also, if it's the latter, I don't think that space should come out of the allocated allowable space if the group doesn't use the feature.

Donald Hellen

J . . .

On Mon, 02 Nov 2020 19:25:26 -0800, "J_Catlady"
<@J_Catlady> wrote:

Our Database tab shows "no tables." Yet under Billing, we are still being dec'd by some amount of space for "Database Images." Maybe this is a bug, or maybe it's space used for a setup that exists in every group even if there is no database yet, but either way, it sure looks weird.
I checked one of my groups that has no database and it shows:

Database Images: 0 B - 0% of 1GB

Based on that, I think your group has some small issue.

Or, perhaps if you had a database at one time then deleted it, there's
a small amount of storage space that will never go away?

Donald

That’s my point. If we’d never created a database in the first place, I think there would not be be this “residue,” and it seems like a bug. Thanks for checking your group.

<@J_Catlady> wrote:

Our Database tab shows "no tables." Yet under Billing, we are still being dec'd by some amount of space for "Database Images." Maybe this is a bug, or maybe it's space used for a setup that exists in every group even if there is no database yet, but either way, it sure looks weird.
I checked one of my groups that has no database and it shows:

Database Images: 0 B - 0% of 1GB

Based on that, I think your group has some small issue.

Or, perhaps if you had a database at one time then deleted it, there's
a small amount of storage space that will never go away?

Donald

Christos G. Psarras

J,

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 11:29 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Our group used to have a Cats database and we eventually got rid of it.
That's what you get for having(had) a cat db, you have to try several times to delete it before it actually does.

But seriously, were there originally any images or similar external file uploaded in any of those db fields?  If yes, that could explain it, the db deletion process cleaned everything but not the "embedded" (linked) images, probably stored at the same place uploaded wiki images go to, and this is a bug after all.  (I presume one can have (embedded/linked) images in the db fields, I admit I haven't looked at the Database functionality a lot as we are not using it in our groups)

Cheers,
Christos

Haha! You mean as in "9 lves," or the Cheshire Cat? ;)
I honestly don't remember what was in there. There may have been photos. It was eons ago.

Christos G. Psarras

Lol, yeah; even if I'm a dog person, I do talk like a cat sometimes.