Topics

better member list filtering #suggestion

KWKloeber

Today I needed to 'un-moderate' two members.  Luckily, the first's name and email address was listed near the top of the ADMIN > MEMBERS list.  no problem-o.  The second, I realized, was tucked away somewhere in the list and I didn't even remember the name or email address.  Just by happenstance it was on one of the top pages as I paged down the member list.  If it wasn't, I would have been going through 1,600+ names trying to find one with an "M" next to the name.  Not very good.

It would be best if all of the attributes (badges?) shown on the member list are available in the drop-down filter.  I don't see why SOME would have been implemented without ALL being implemented.  Not logical.

From the GM forum:

...It would be nice to be able to somehow filter the list based on any of these status badges.

...it would be very helpful to be able to filter on badges, not just member status badges but also sub preferences badges as well, any available/shown badge in that list.
... I have often wished to be able to easily identify everyone who is not confirmed (NC).
... I've also sometimes wondered by Banned was not implemented as a badge.

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 04:51 AM, KWKloeber wrote:
It would be best if all of the attributes (badges?) shown on the member list are available in the drop-down filter.
I agree additional filtering options would be useful at times and until that is implemented a simple workaround is:

  • On your member list, click the Download button
  • Select all text on the displayed list and copy to your clipboard
  • Paste that text into a new Excel worksheet
  • Use the 'Text to columns' feature (normally found on the Data tab) to split the text into columns (delimited by a command and using " as the text delimiter)
  • Filter the columns in Excel

The advantage of Excel filtering is that you can combine multiple filters and if you put your data into an Excel table then you can use all the whizzy stuff like pivot tables and slicers.

Andy

Bob Bellizzi

Andy,
You can also save the file as a .txt file.
Then open it usually as a comna delimited text file to save the text to columns folderol
--

Bob Bellizzi

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 10:14 PM, Bob Bellizzi wrote:
You can also save the file as a .txt file.
Yes, and that involves a few more steps and more keying so I went for the shorter route.

Cheers
Andy

k,

It would be best if all of the attributes (badges?) shown on the
member list are available in the drop-down filter.
I'm all in favor of filters for the list (and every list), I think it is long overdue:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/6205230#14955

But not necessarily in the Members/Moderators/Pending Approval/Bouncing/Banned selector button (but then, I'm not all that fond of that button either).

It would be best if all of the attributes (badges?) shown on the
member list are available in the drop-down filter. I don't see why
SOME would have been implemented without ALL being implemented. Not
logical.
I'm sure there's an implementation logic to it, if nothing more than ease, but I agree that we should be able to filter on any of the badges and other attributes of a member's subscription.

Shal

Bruce Bowman

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 01:43 AM, Shal Farley wrote:
I'm all in favor of filters for the list (and every list), I think it is long overdue:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/topic/6205230#14955

But not necessarily in the Members/Moderators/Pending Approval/Bouncing/Banned selector button (but then, I'm not all that fond of that button either).
Agreed. Although it's actually a pull-down menu, it looks like a button, and thus confuses a lot of newbie group owners.

I'd prefer a Status badge pick-list for the filter, similar to the Action pick-list currently found for the Activity log. Such a transition might be less than seamless, though.

Regards,
Bruce