As much as I hate that, I don't think it can be banned without pissing off a load of people who prefer it that way

From: CatWoman <@CatWomanDiana>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 08:01:53 PST

On 1/22/2015 10:39 PM, J. Faulkner wrote:
It allows me to reply at the top so when someone reads my reply, they
see it first and don?t have to hunt for it further down in the message.
If you are talking about a message - and "top posting" - I disagree.

I know that is the "new way" - most mail clients have the default as
top posting, but my problem with that is that in order to find out
what the person is replying to - I have to go search the message.

If you put just the specific thing you are responding to on top,
then you read that first, and then the response, as you see here.

It's a more natural way to read than response first.
Yes, and that's why I request an (optional!!) autotrim-feature like some googlegroups have. It simply deletes everything under the last unindented line, before the message is sent. Ideally (....) the cursor would be positioned at the start of the first written line UNDER the " at date and time, userxy@... sent:"

From: Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 10:04:20 PST
Reply directly to the sender
Obviously, having a button to reply to sender and another one to reply-to-list should be the default-setting.

When clicking on reply, possibly scroll up slightly to expose the reply box.
Sounds fancy, not urgent

groetjes, Ronaldo

--
http://www.esperanto.net http://www.moneyasdebt.net

Laurence Taylor

On 24/01/2015 12:20, ro-esp wrote:

Mark, will replying in the reply box allow that reply to show at the top
of the message or do you at least have an option?
As much as I hate that, I don't think it can be banned without pissing
off a load of people who prefer it that way
And we shouldn't do that because? :-)

Yes, and that's why I request an (optional!!) autotrim-feature like
some googlegroups have. It simply deletes everything under the last
unindented line, before the message is sent. Ideally (....) the cursor
would be positioned at the start of the first written line UNDER the "
at date and time, userxy@... sent:"
This is probably more of a luxury, but I've seen it done: reject any
message that has less original content than quoted. Will soon put a stop
to those people who quote the last 46 messages just to say "me too".

--
rgds
LAurence