Topics

moderated BBCODE support #wishlist #suggestion

The subject pretty much says it.

The vast majority of other forums I'm on, and have been on, support it.  As a result I have a trove of click-through links in files formatted in BBCODE that I'd love to be able to cut and paste into Groups.io.

Obviously, this is not a high priority nor an absolute need.  It is just a wish.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 
The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant lies — easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the covert workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11, 2001 with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five minutes later the whole country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public? This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J. Simpson jurors.

~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah McNeely (Aug/Sept 2005)

Duane

Can you integrate BBCODE into a non-forum site?  I could understand the request easier if this site was using phpBB or something like that. (which I hope it never does ;>)

Duane

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 03:42 PM, Duane wrote:
Can you integrate BBCODE into a non-forum site?
I have no idea of the "under the hood" ramifications.   Just thought I'd ask to see if it were possible.

There's a reason I left software development 20 years ago! ;-)

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1809, Build 17763 
The terrible state of public education has paid huge dividends in ignorance.  Huge.  We now have a country that can be told blatant lies — easily checkable, blatant lies — and I’m not talking about the covert workings of the CIA. When we have a terrorist attack, on September 11, 2001 with 19 men — 15 of them are Saudis — and five minutes later the whole country thinks they’re from Iraq — how can you have faith in the public? This is an easily checkable fact. The whole country is like the O.J. Simpson jurors.

~ Fran Lebowitz in Ruminator Magazine interview with Susannah McNeely (Aug/Sept 2005)