moderated Bait and switch, or just a bug? #bug #misc

Dave Colter WA1ZCN

The pricing page clearly says that a free, basic account comes with 1TB of storage, but my group's free site has no access to any sort of storage. There's no links for files or pix. What gives?

Bill Burns

On 28-Jun-22 9:22 PM, Dave Colter WA1ZCN wrote:
The pricing page clearly says that a free, basic account comes with 1TB of storage, but my group's free site has no access to any sort of storage. There's no links for files or pix. What gives?
I think you're misreading the pricing page. The 1TB is for Premium groups; the Basic (free) group has 1GB, but this is only for emails. No files or picture storage is provided with a free group.

Perhaps it's clearer on the comparison page:
https://groups.io/static/compare

--
Bill

Andy I

IIRC, 100MB is for emails, leaving you with about 900MB more for attachments to emails.  I could be wrong.  But that's the only way I could reconcile having 1GB of which 100MB was for emails and you don't have dedicated Files or Photos sections.  (I'm glad to be corrected if wrong.)

Anyway, the Free group definitely does not state 1TB.  I think you misread that.

Andy

Duane

On Wed, Jun 29, 2022 at 07:15 AM, Andy wrote:
IIRC, 100MB is for emails
The 100MB limit is per email.  It would only approach that for large attachments (which will take up storage space).  Keep in mind that attachment size will generally be 20-40% larger than the actual file size.

On Tue, Jun 28, 2022 at 10:02 PM, Bill Burns wrote:
The 1TB is for Premium groups
Actually, that's for Enterprise groups.  Premium get 30GB.

Duane
Lots of detailed information can be found in the Owners Manual and Members Manual.

Bruce Bowman

Sorting through all the confusion:

Free groups get 1 GB
Premium groups get 30 GB
Enterprise groups get 1 TB

This includes files, photos and attachments.

Unless you have a legacy Basic group (pre-August 24, 2020), files and photos are not enabled, so attachments are all you get.

Hope this helps,
Bruce