Topics

moderated automatic deletion, why?

Janis

Thanks outlawsmws.  That was one of our first topics aftervtransition but it will not hurt to remind everyone again.

I am peeved with SBCglobal now because they would not let him open the invitation I sent from Groups.io so he could rejoin!  So he will have to do a join request!

Janis

The only reason I even posted a message about the member being removed here is so that Mark would have another record of an incident with SBC Global marking members messages as spam.  It is my understanding that this group is to give Mark information about issues.  The pist was not a request for help, but an FYI.
The individual member will be the one to take care of his own business.  He was alteady added back to one of the groups.  I only am back here tonight to inform Mark that SBC will not allow him to open the invite to the other group.  And it was also in Spam!

outlawmws

You may know this already,  (but your user may not...) while in most (maybe all) spam folders the mail is "killed" and you cannot respond.  You have to mark it as "not spam" then go find it in your inbox.  THEN it should work again?  (not sure SBC is that mature of an Email service.)

  -Outlaw

Laurence Marks <marks@...>

Outlawmws wrote
You may know this already,  (but your user may not...) while in most (maybe all) spam folders the mail is "killed" and you cannot respond.  You have to mark it as "not spam" then go find it in your inbox.  THEN it should work again?  (not sure SBC is that mature of an Email service.)

I was just going to write the same thing. For those who aren't aware, sbcglobal.net (and att.net, bellsouth.net, pacbell.net, snet.net. swbell.net, ameritech.net, nvbell.net) are operated by Yahoo. The webmail was slightly different from native Yahoo.com webmail--we had different bugs--but seems to be slowly converging.*

The 1987 MFJ broke up AT&T into the regional Bell companies (baby Bells). In the early-90s they began to offer dialup internet--there was no free email in the pre-Google/Yahoo days. With the advent of free Yahoo mail (1997) and Gmail (2004), free email service was no longer an enticement. It became a cost burden--especially in the support area. Yahoo was looking for subscribers (ad viewers) and the baby Bells were looking to get out from under email, so Yahoo began providing email for all the Bell domains listed in the previous paragraph.

*One major remaining difference between the Bell domains and native Yahoo is authentication (login/password). The Bell users (at least Bellsouth) have the same password for Yahoo.com and for att.com. If you change it at one place, the other changes too. I believe that AT&T runs a Radius server to do this, but that's just conjecture.

Larry

--
Larry Marks