Topics

locked Attachments to messages

Mark -

I've created a group and I've set it to plain text, but to allow attachments. Many of our members are older folks who may not have fast connections or are not comfortable with getting files in their messages. Is there a setting a member could change in their own preferences that would send them the message with a link instead of the full attachment if they have system limitations?

Dano

Dano,

Is there a setting a member could change in their own preferences that
would send them the message with a link instead of the full attachment
if they have system limitations?
Good suggestion.

I'd always wished Yahoo Groups had made the "Include as link" option be something the member set for their email address, rather than a group-wide setting. Perhaps even with a cutoff value which would allow small attachments, but send a link for larger ones.

-- Shal

I've added this to the todo list.

Mark

Dano,