Topics

locked Appearance of home page

Mark -

This is a very small detail in the scheme of things, but I thought I'd toss it out so you can allow it to marinate. I've created groups on groups.io to replace my groups on Y! I've modified the graphic for the home page of the big group so people arriving at the group would know they're 'home' so to speak. Is there a way to change the color of the group name that groups.io inserts to transparent? You can see what I'm referring to at https://groups.io/org/groupsio/MILW .

By the way, YYYY-MM-DD is part of the ISO 8601 standard.

Thanks for all your efforts. You have literally given hope to some who might despair.

Dano

Nightowl >8#

Dan!!!!!

Great to see you here!

Brenda

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 6:34 PM, D R Stinson <dano@...> wrote:

Mark -

This is a very small detail in the scheme of things, but I thought I'd toss it out so you can allow it to marinate. I've created groups on groups.io to replace my groups on Y! I've modified the graphic for the home page of the big group so people arriving at the group would know they're 'home' so to speak. Is there a way to change the color of the group name that groups.io inserts to transparent? You can see what I'm referring to at https://groups.io/org/groupsio/MILW .

I know the issue. Ideally, we need to automatically figure out the 'prominent' color of the background image, and choose a color for the text that provides enough contrast. It can be done, but it's not quite a quick fix. Another, easier but uglier, option is to put a slightly transparent black box around the text.

I've got this on the todo list to fix.

Mark,

Another, easier but uglier, option is to put a slightly
transparent black box around the text.
Yahoo uses a gradient across the bottom of the image. Less jarring than a hard edge, but dims a larger area of the image.

-- Shal

Mark - The group name is incorporated into the graphic (take a look at the page to understand), so I'd like the option of transparent, because what the system puts up is extraneous. In Yahoo I wound up changing the name that was displayed on the home page to just a period, which also caused it's own problems. Dano