Topics

locked Anyone tried the email integration feature?

RS

Just used it to create a new email, but can't figure out how to have it post to the group.  Anyone used it yet?  Mark, is there a control I am missing?  The most logical place to see it is in the "from" menu on the Post page, but it's not in the list of options.

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 10:44 AM, <dalemonator@...> wrote:

Just used it to create a new email, but can't figure out how to have it post to the group.  Anyone used it yet?  Mark, is there a control I am missing?  The most logical place to see it is in the "from" menu on the Post page, but it's not in the list of options.

The idea is that you can take that email address and use it outside of Groups.io to send messages to your group. Say a web service has a function to email notifications about something (concerts, for example). You'd like those notification emails to go to your group. Take the unique email address created in the email integration, and give it to the web service.

Mark

RS

OK, now I see the point,  Very cool.  Seems like that address could be subbed to a meta-group as well, so that posts from a meta group go to the member group as well.

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 1:09 PM, <dalemonator@...> wrote:
OK, now I see the point,  Very cool..  Seems like that address could be subbed to a meta-group as well, so that posts from a meta group go to the member group as well.

We block messages from other groups, to prevent mail loops (subscribe one group to another, watch the fun begin).

Mark