Topics

Allow repeating events on last Friday (etc) of the month #suggestion

Osbert Lancaster

Trying to set up a recurring meeting on the last Friday of the month. But the only option seems to be either the fourth or fifth Friday. I don't want the fourth Friday! If I select the fifth Friday, the event is only created when there are five Fridays in the month.

Therefore - a feature request to be able to create repeating events on last (Mon, Fri etc) of the month.

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 01:55 PM, Osbert Lancaster wrote:
a feature request to be able to create repeating events on last (Mon, Fri etc) of the month.
As discussed on Group_Help this was also requested last year.

Andy

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 6:55 AM Osbert Lancaster <osbert@...> wrote:
Trying to set up a recurring meeting on the last Friday of the month. But the only option seems to be either the fourth or fifth Friday. I don't want the fourth Friday! If I select the fifth Friday, the event is only created when there are five Fridays in the month.

Therefore - a feature request to be able to create repeating events on last (Mon, Fri etc) of the month.
_._,_._,_

You can now specify an event repeats on the last day of a month or the last [day of week] of the month (or every N months).

This was a pretty extensive change. I've tested it, but please let me know if you see anything amiss.

Osbert Lancaster

That’s brilliant, very much appreciated. Will check it out over the weekend.

Cheers

Osbert

Osbert Lancaster | +44 (0) 7981 528 991
naturalchange.co.uk | realise.earth | fix a mtg with me

On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 08:46 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
You can now specify an event repeats on the last day of a month or the last [day of week] of the month (or every N months).

This was a pretty extensive change. I've tested it, but please let me know if you see anything amiss.

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure if this was an existing issue or just introduced.  If you open the event details page to define a new event, click the Event Repeats checkbox to open the Repeats panel and then do a browser refresh (F5), the Repeats panel collapses but the checkbox is still checked. Unchecking the box causes the Repeats Panel to expand - it's working back to front.

Regards
Andy