moderated Allow manual sending of Monthly Reminder as a "notice type" in send member message #suggestion

I finally decided to take advantage of the Monthly Reminder feature. I went to great pains to create a notice in Word, pasted it in, and found that was not going to fly (monumental formatting screwups). So I typed it all in by hand. Then, just to be sure it was going to come out right, because I did use some formatting (although using the editor here), I tried to send it to myself as a notice using Send Message. I was surprised to find that Send Message  only allows the pending member notice and the group guidelines as notice type to be sent. So could this be added? It seems pretty akin to the group guidelines, which, like the monthly reminders, are sent monthly (or can be) but which can also be sent manually to any member at any time.

On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 11:36 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Send Message  only allows the pending member notice and the group guidelines as notice type to be sent
Just FYI, you can also create Message To Member types that can be selected from the list.

Duane

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 04:36 AM, Duane wrote:
that can be selected from the list.
Well, they don't show up in the selections I see when I try to do Send Message. Maybe the issue is that, just as with Monthly Reminders, there can be more than one of them, so the system would have to present them by name rather than by type, and as of now, notices in Send Message are presented by type? So neither Monthly Reminders or Message to Members are showing up in Send Message? That would have to change to allow them be sent as a pre-fabbed message, i.e., they would have to be selected by name rather than by type. I think it's very worth doing. In fact, how, really, is the Message to Member type of any use at all if you can't choose it in Send Message?

Am I missing something crucial here? I don't see either one showing up.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 08:58 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
system would have to present them by name rather than by type
Yes, they're presented by Name.  I'm using the member page to Send Message, not the pending page, so that may be the difference, though it should be the same.  I have 4 of them that I use regularly.

Duane

I'm using the Member page, too. I'll try again. I've run a dozen tests already. Not sure what's going on...

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 7:07 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 08:58 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
system would have to present them by name rather than by type
Yes, they're presented by Name.  I'm using the member page to Send Message, not the pending page, so that may be the difference, though it should be the same.  I have 4 of them that I use regularly.

Tried again. All I get is Group Guidelines and Pending Subscription. Odd. This topic should change to #bug.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 7:13 AM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
Tried again. All I get is Group Guidelines and Pending Subscription. Odd. This topic should change to #bug.

This has been fixed.