moderated Allow adding attachment in an edit #suggestion

J,

You can delete an attachment in a message edit, but the paperclip goes
away when you try to edit. So it's impossible, for example, to edit an
attachment to a post ... Would it be possible to add this ability?
I'd like this too. Also for Pending messages.

In reference to concerns that have been raised by others in this topic, I agree with J and don't see a "consistency of the record" problem with this that the existing edit mechanisms for the message text don't already adequately handle.

I would like the original attachments and/or embedded images to remain connected to the prior revision of the message (accessed through the message's Revisions list) such that each revision in the list is internally consistent.

Shal

On Fri, Apr 2, 2021 at 11:37 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
I'd like this too. Also for Pending messages.
Agreed, not being able to edit files in a pending message (including attaching them) is a huge and inconvenient lack.