Topics

Add the full range of photo editing tools to the Photos albums "photo edit" #suggestion

Ken Kloeber

See above. LOL
Could that be done, or is there a technical reason why it would not work?

-ken

Ken,

Add the full range of photo editing tools to the Photos albums "photo
edit"
"the full range" is a pretty broad request (Photoshop? Gimp? Lightroom?). Care to suggest some priority items?

Topping my list would be in place down-resolution (pixel resolution change via resampling) and quality reduction (change to compression parameters and/or algorithm). Those two for the purpose of reducing storage consumption.

Crop would be a close third, maybe including rotation.

Annotation: "...pictures with circles and arrows and [some notes] on the [front] of each one explaining what each one was, ..." would probably be my next choice over more traditional photo tools such as exposure adjustment, color adjustment, etc.

Shal

Bill Burns

On 02-Aug-20 1:31 AM, Shal Farley wrote:
Annotation: "...pictures with circles and arrows and [some notes] on the [front] of each one explaining what each one was, ..." would probably be my next choice over more traditional photo tools such as exposure adjustment, color adjustment, etc.
Shal
Been listening to Alice's Restaurant again, Shal?

--
Bill

Ken Kloeber

Shal

I’m suggesting only the full range of tools that are available under posting msgs (is that “post” or “message” ....I get so confused) and wiki pages. The end of my subject (or it it “Topic”?) where I specified that got clipped off.

I dint realize there was a character limit - no warning (hmmmm.... a bug?)

Sorry to burst your photoshop bubble. I’m just saying, just the minimum available elsewhere - would be nice to have cropping. Shouldn’t seem a big deal?

Ken,

I’m suggesting only the full range of tools that are available under
posting msgs ... and wiki pages.
Oh, you want text formatting tools for the photo's Description box.

Nevermind.

(is that “post” or “message” ....I get so confused) ...
The end of my subject (or it it “Topic”?)
"Post" or "message" has been argued about here. I tend towards "post a message" - "post" is the action and "message" the object. But I'm not always consistent about it.

As to "subject", that's a short text field that applies to both a "topic" and to each message in the topic. So for what you wanted to say "subject" is correct, the "topic" would be the list of messages sharing that subject text - including this one of mine.

Of course, this is Groups.io usage (jargon) I'm describing. In general English usage the two are much closer to interchangeable.

Shal

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 01:26 PM, Shal Farley wrote:
I’m suggesting only the full range of tools that are available under
posting msgs ... and wiki pages.
Oh, you want text formatting tools for the photo's Description box.
Shal -- If I'm understanding correctly, I don't think that's what Ken is looking for.

If you create a message and embed an image using the "Add pictures" dialog, you can subsequently highlight the image and several editing options come up (crop, rotate, flip, resize, sharpen, etc). If these features are available for an image in a message I don't see much reason why it couldn't be done with an image in an album.

Regards,
Bruce

Ken Kloeber

Shal

The same range of photo editing tools that are available on pics that are inserted in a msg or wiki page. (Not text editing.)

When you “edit” a pic in the photo albums all that’s available is rotation.
It shouldn’t be a huge deal (in my mind) to extend those tools to the photo albums.

The jargon was a poor attempt at humor (the brain power spent here discussing/deciding on message or post or thread or subject or topic).

Ken Kloeber

Bruce,

✔️✔️

-Ken