moderated add seach term "changed email delivery method" to member search term dropdown #suggestion


 

There are log items for "changed email delivery to [whatever]" in members' activity histories, but I can't find a search term in the activity search dropdown that corresponds to it. I thought it might be "changed subscription plan," but that turns out not to be the case.

I wonder (1) what "changed subscription plan" means in the first place, and (2) whether a search term "changed email delivery method" could be added to the list.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu


Andy Wedge
 

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 04:53 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
There are log items for "changed email delivery to [whatever]" in members' activity histories, but I can't find a search term in the activity search dropdown that corresponds to it.
Is this what you're looking for?



Andy


 

Yes!! That’s it! The wording should be reversed do “changed” comes first, going along with all the other “changed” search terms. The problem is when it was changed by a moderator. But I think it’s more important to have it match the other things that the member themselves can change, even if that means the moderator action is not adjacent in the list.


On Feb 27, 2021, at 12:26 AM, Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 04:53 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
There are log items for "changed email delivery to [whatever]" in members' activity histories, but I can't find a search term in the activity search dropdown that corresponds to it.
Is this what you're looking for?

<dummyfile.0.part>


Andy

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu


Andy Wedge
 

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 08:49 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
Yes!! That’s it! The wording should be reversed do “changed” comes first, going along with all the other “changed” search terms
Yes, I've always thought it doesn't really fit where it is at present and it would be better if it was with other 'Changed' items in the list.

Andy


 

Right, for several reasons. First, the current list of things the member may have changed looks like it's exhaustive so you don't expect to find it elsewhere. Second, all the other (or the majority of the other) actions are phrased with active rather than verbs, as if the member themselves did the action.

I think the problem in this case is that there are two items: the member changed it, and the moderator changed it. So these were phrased as "delivery changed" and "delivery changed by moderator," presumably to keep them contiguous in the list. I see at least two possible solutions: (1) keep the actions contiguous in the list by making them read "changed delivery" and "changed delivery (by moderator)"; and (2) make it read "changed delivery," and have a completely separate category of items beginning with "moderator changed." So in that portion of the list there would be, e.g., "moderator changed display name," "moderator changed delivery method," etc. I'm not sure which one I prefer, but either way, I think the original item needs to read "changed delivery."

And while we're at it, either of these would be more clear if "changed delivery" were changed to "changed email delivery" or better yet, "email delivery method."

And I still wonder what "changed subscription plan" means.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu


 

On Sat, Feb 27, 2021 at 07:41 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
active rather than verbs
typo, should read "active rather than passive verbs"
 
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu


 

Hello,

I've changed the entries to read "Changed message delivery" and "Changed email delivery method (by moderator)". I also changed the post status changed entry to read "Changed posting status".

Thanks,
Mark