Topics

moderated Add page links to topics list #suggestion

Ken Landaiche

Some of my Groups have topics that go for several pages. If I'm checking the latest entries, I have to load several pages to get there.

My suggestion is to add page links to the topic lines. So this typical Groups page (second pic) would add the circled page links exampled in the first picture. Thoise little numbers are each links to pages of posts in that topic.

(and why do several pictures loaded at the same time come in in reversed order?)

Duane

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 07:07 PM, Ken Landaiche wrote:
If I'm checking the latest entries, I have to load several pages to get there.
How many items are you displaying per page?  You know you can change that number on the Preferences page of your account? https://groups.io/account?page=prefs  Someone with Infinite Scroll set would only have one page, regardless of the number of messages.

You can also reverse the sort order so that the newest messages are at the top of the first page by clicking on Date at the upper right.

All of this is in the Members Manual that covers almost anything you can think of related to the site, https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual

Duane

Ken Landaiche

One thing about tech, there’s often more than one way to do what you want to do. I’ll check on those suggestions.

So, this was my first suggestion for an improvement. Is this the sort of thing you want? Or is it too simple to worry about? I just want to calibrate what I provide.

Ken

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 07:07 PM, Ken Landaiche wrote:

If I'm checking the latest entries, I have to load several pages to get there.

How many items are you displaying per page?  You know you can change that number on the Preferences page of your account? https://groups.io/account?page=prefs  Someone with Infinite Scroll set would only have one page, regardless of the number of messages.

You can also reverse the sort order so that the newest messages are at the top of the first page by clicking on Date at the upper right.

All of this is in the Members Manual that covers almost anything you can think of related to the site, https://groups.io/helpcenter/membersmanual

Duane

Andy Wedge

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 04:48 AM, Ken Landaiche wrote:
So, this was my first suggestion for an improvement. Is this the sort of thing you want? Or is it too simple to worry about? I just want to calibrate what I provide.
Suggestions are always welcome (and those supported by examples and reasoning get more traction). For general queries and support, the best place to raise them is the GroupManagersForum (GMF) or Group_Help

Andy