Topics

locked accessing groups.io

I have asked people in one of my groups to sign up with groups.io.  One of the members tried by typing in groups.io.  When I gave her the link to this group, she tried that as well.  She ends up with a "?" in front of the url and doesn't know what's going on.  She's not very literate when it comes to this kind of stuff; but, she would like to get a feel for groups.io; but, it seems that she is unable to do so.  Is there a reason that she can't access groups.io?  She uses Windows 8.1 and Google Chrome for her browser.  I would like to help her; but, I only use an old iMac.  If anybody has any ideas or suggestions let me know.

Donna

No idea.  I would have her try a full-on https://groups.io and also make sure she's not typing a ".com" on the end.

I'm sure there's a way to get Chrome to come up with some diagnostics explaining why it's having problems, but as I don't use it, I can't say exactly how.

JohnF

Hi John,

Thank you for commenting.  I am more familiar with the Mac than I am with the PC, although, I can handle Windows XP, to a certain extent.  I will pass along your suggestion.

If there are any groups.io users who use the Google Chrome browser with Window 8.1, I hope you will also pass along any helpful tips.

Donna

I have some additional information from the member that I referenced in my initial message with this subject.

It turns out that when she first tried to go to groups.io, she was putting .com on the end.  She has since corrected that and went ahead and registered with groups.io.  She wanted to create a group to be a sister group to the one on Yahoo.  However, after filling everything out and clicking the button to create the group, there was no group.

I did a search for the group name and did not find it.  So, I offered to create it for her.  I had no problem creating the group and sent her the URL.  When she clicked on the URL,  she had to sign in; but, all she got was a page that showed the URL; but, nothing else.

She is using Google Chrome for her browser.  Is there anybody else in the group using Google Chrome and not having problems?

I would like to offer her some ideas that might work for her.

Donna

Cacky B

I use Chrome, but it has been long enough ago that I can't remember having a problem.  It seems to me that I just followed whatever prompts there were.  Since you created her group, try inviting her to be a member.  At that point she should be able to get on the group, and you can make her an owner.

Cacky