moderated Allow embedding Google calendar (or other <iframe>?) in wiki #suggestion

Don McKee

I would like to be able to embed my group's public Google calendar in our wiki (e.g. "<iframe src=...></iframe>").  I can add the HTML via the "Source code" tool, and my calendar renders perfectly in the editor, but it is stripped out when the page is saved.

-Don

Duane

I believe it should work on a Wiki page, but isn't allowed in messages. https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/3024  If it doesn't, you should contact support@groups.io.

Duane

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 4:43 PM, Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
I believe it should work on a Wiki page, but isn't allowed in messages. https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/3024  If it doesn't, you should contact support@groups.io.

We strip iframe tags, I believe everywhere, because of possible security issues.

The calendar code that I use makes it pretty easy to display a Google Calendar. I would have to write the code to store config information for this, but if this is something that people want, it's definitely doable and I can put it on the TODO list.

Mark

Don McKee

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 05:38 pm, Mark Fletcher wrote:
The calendar code that I use makes it pretty easy to display a Google Calendar.
I'm not sure I'd want to replace the built-in calendar with a Google version.  The built-in version is still valuable to automatically send reminders to the group (whether they want them, or not ;-) ).

-Don