moderated Group owner survey #misc

Hi All,

I've created a survey for group owners, and I'd appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to fill it out:

https://7r10w90aj1u.typeform.com/to/U0IihubK

What I'm hoping to get out of the survey is an idea as to whether our plans and pricing structure are appropriate, ie. do the plans provide the right mix of features, and are they priced appropriately.

If you have multiple groups and your answers would be different for each group, feel free to take the survey for each group.

Thanks!

Mark

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 06:28 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Question 3b on Pricing "At what price per month would you consider the premium plan to be so expensive that you would not consider upgrading your group?"

This would appear to be aimed at those with free groups and would not apply to those with a Premium group already. Correct?

Regards
Andy

Chris Jones

On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 06:28 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I've created a survey for group owners, and I'd appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to fill it out:
Mark; when is the closing date for this? I ask because I am a co - owner and don't wish to do anything without the ultimate owner having the chance to review the survey first; at the moment (i.e. for the next few days) the "real" owner is away. He is not a member of beta and won't know about it until I tell him.

Chris

On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 1:34 PM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 06:28 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Question 3b on Pricing "At what price per month would you consider the premium plan to be so expensive that you would not consider upgrading your group?"

This would appear to be aimed at those with free groups and would not apply to those with a Premium group already. Correct?

Perhaps a better wording would have been ".... so expensive that you would not consider upgrading your group if it is currently free, and would downgrade your group if it is currently premium." Or somesuch.

On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 1:41 PM Chris Jones via groups.io <chrisjones12=btinternet.com@groups.io> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 06:28 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I've created a survey for group owners, and I'd appreciate it if you could take a couple of minutes to fill it out:
Mark; when is the closing date for this? I ask because I am a co - owner and don't wish to do anything without the ultimate owner having the chance to review the survey first; at the moment (i.e. for the next few days) the "real" owner is away. He is not a member of beta and won't know about it until I tell him.

No worries. It'll be up until next week. I'm also going to put a dismissible banner on the site shown to group owners.

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 09:56 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I'm also going to put a dismissible banner on the site shown to group owners.
This is also showing to group mods too and my group mods don't need to see that and take the survey as they have no responsibility for payments and do not have the 'Billing' permission.

Regards
Andy

On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 2:52 PM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 09:56 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I'm also going to put a dismissible banner on the site shown to group owners.
This is also showing to group mods too and my group mods don't need to see that and take the survey as they have no responsibility for payments and do not have the 'Billing' permission.

This should be fixed now.

Steve Hayes

On 7 Dec 2022 at 10:27, Mark Fletcher wrote:

What I'm hoping to get out of the survey is an idea as to whether our plans
and pricing structure are appropriate, ie. do the plans provide the right mix
of features, and are they priced appropriately.

If you have multiple groups and your answers would be different for each
group, feel free to take the survey for each group.
Jest noting that while I have several groups, none of them fitted into any of
the listed categories, and would all fall under "other", so I'm wondering if
it is rare to have groups in these categories -- Academic, Literary,
Religious/Spiritual.

.
--
Steve Hayes
E-mail: shayes@..., but if you use gmail, hayesstw@...

Donald Hellen

I didn't see hobby listed so I chose other. I think many of the groups are hobby
groups.

Donald KX8K

On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 12:54 AM, Steve Hayes wrote:
I have several groups, none of them fitted into any of
the listed categories, and would all fall under "other"
My main group is for a registered charity so I ended up choosing 'other' too. I think a lot of groups are for clubs/organisations where members have a shared interest.

Regards
Andy

Chris Jones

On Thu, Dec 8, 2022 at 01:30 AM, Donald Hellen wrote:
I think many of the groups are hobby groups.
I agree, with quite a lot of those centred on "amateur radio" in one or other of its many forms. This is also consistent with Andy W's clubs/organisations where members have a shared interest, although to be realistic that is almost certain to be true of any group, by definition!

Chris

Hi All,

Thanks for the category feedback, I've added those categories.

Mark

Tom Piwowar

I bailed at question c "Please rank these features in order of most important to least important." Some features in the list are of no use to me and I am not exactly clear about the difference between a restricted vs moderated group vs only allowing invited persons to join. I suspect only one of the listed features is of value to me, yet I am not allowed to proceed unless I rank them all. Giving a rank to the features I do not value would be misleading so I bailed out of the survey.

Most of my groups are hobby oriented, but because they concern themselves largely with actual operations and equipment, I think I'd classify mine as Academic. We occasionally post some copyrighted images specifically using the fair-use exemption for study and research. For a group not accessible to the public, this seems quite reasonable and defensible.

Dano