Event: Database upgrade #downtime - Monday, September 26, 2022 #downtime #cal-invite

Group Notification <noreply@...>

Database upgrade #downtime

When:
Monday, September 26, 2022
9:00am to 10:00am
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles

View Event

The final step of the database cluster upgrade to the latest version of Postgres will require some downtime as we switch over from the old master database to the new master. I am scheduling one hour for the downtime, although I anticipate that it will be much shorter than that.

I will put up a banner on the website on Friday, September 23, announcing the upcoming downtime.

Email sent during this time will be queued and sent when the site returns.

Hi All,

Following up on the database upgrade downtime this morning. We were down for about 30 minutes, while I went through the process of moving from the old database cluster to the new database cluster, and running a bunch of verification tests. Unfortunately, the very last test of the new database system failed, and I had to halt the move from the old cluster to the new cluster.

I've figured out why it failed, but I will have to re-create the new cluster all over again. And there will have to be another downtime while I do the move. I'm guessing at this point it will happen in two weeks. I'll send out a notice again in advance.