moderated deleting a subgroup event says updated rather than deleted #bug

Glenn Glazer

While technically true that the meeting was "updated", the email that the subgroup got when I deleted an event says:

Subject line: [waysandmeans] Updated Event: Ways & Means Subcommittee Meeting #cal-invite

 Ways & Means Subcommittee Meeting

When:
Sunday, May 1, 2022
6:00pm to 7:00pm
(UTC-07:00) America/Los Angeles
Repeats: Weekly on Sunday, through Saturday, 27 August 2022

Organizer: waysandmeans@cruzdcc.groups.io Group waysandmeans@cruzdcc.groups.io

View Event

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/XXX

Meeting ID: XXX
Passcode: XXX

Dial-in, voice only: 1 669 900 6833 (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 831 427 2516
_._,_._,_
Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#510) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #cal-invite
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [glenn.glazer@...]

Which doesn't tell the recipients what the update was at all and the hashtag actually implies the reverse to a plain reading of it. It may also be true of main groups, I haven't tried that.

Best,

Glenn

--
PG&E Delenda Est

Glenn Glazer

Bumping this since Mark was on vacation when I sent it.

Best,

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 7:44 PM Glenn Glazer <glenn.glazer@...> wrote:
While technically true that the meeting was "updated", the email that the subgroup got when I deleted an event says:

Subject line: [waysandmeans] Updated Event: Ways & Means Subcommittee Meeting #cal-invite

This was a repeating event. Did you delete the entire event, or did you `Delete This and Following Events`? If you did the latter, it would generate an updated event notification, not a delete notification, and I'm inclined to think that's the correct behavior (or if not entirely correct, at least not wrong), but I'm open to suggestions for improvements.

Glenn Glazer

On 09/22/2022 08:33, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hi Glenn,

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 7:44 PM Glenn Glazer <glenn.glazer@...> wrote:
While technically true that the meeting was "updated", the email that the subgroup got when I deleted an event says:

Subject line: [waysandmeans] Updated Event: Ways & Means Subcommittee Meeting #cal-invite

This was a repeating event. Did you delete the entire event, or did you `Delete This and Following Events`? If you did the latter, it would generate an updated event notification, not a delete notification, and I'm inclined to think that's the correct behavior (or if not entirely correct, at least not wrong), but I'm open to suggestions for improvements.

Hi, Mark.

I did the latter. To my thinking, that means the entire series has been deleted. Update would be like changing the time or location.

How about "Cancelled Event" or even "Cancelled Event Series" for this case? I think a problem here is that we are trying to use singular adjectives to describe plural events, adding the word 'series' or similar to the subject line adds clarity and is not too verbose.

Best,

Glenn

--
PG&E Delenda Est

Duane

On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 01:01 PM, Glenn Glazer wrote:
To my thinking, that means the entire series has been deleted.
Only the remaining series.  I believe the statement `Delete This and Following Events` explains that clearly.  Since the past parts should no longer be of any importance, just delete the entire series and all is well.  If you were only deleting one event of a series, I don't think you'd want the event to show as canceled, but updated as it currently is.

Duane