moderated Sign-Up Challenge Question #suggestion

Steve Puffenberger

We're getting sign-up subscriptions to approve, but we don't have any way of seeing the person's real name, only their email. And even if we could, we wouldn't necessarily know whether they're a legitimate member who meets criteria we send.

In our previous group on Yahoo we were able to pose a "challenge question," where we would ask, for instance, what role they had within the industry. If we got a bogus answer, we'd not approve.

Can we have a challenge question, results of which will reflect in the approval email?

Chris Jones

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 05:07 PM, Steve Puffenberger wrote:
Can we have a challenge question, results of which will reflect in the approval email?
It would appear that you are running a Restricted Group; why not use the Pending Subscription Message capability?

In other words, the facility you are looking for already exists.

Chris

Bruce Bowman

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 12:07 PM, Steve Puffenberger wrote:
Can we have a challenge question....
You can ask questions in your member notice of type "Pending Subscription," which is automatically sent to applicants in a Restricted group.

See the FAQ at https://groups.io/helpcenter/faq/1/group-owner-moderator-faq/q-can-i-screen-prospective-members-who

...results of which will reflect in the approval email?
I don't know what you mean by this.

Regards,
Bruce

Pamela Tatt

I ask for the applicants reason for wanting to join our group (which is a Charity craft group) in a Pending Subscription Message.  If they do not answer after a few days I resend the message and if still no answer I reject their subscription with a covering message.

Very few of my applicants dont reply to the pending message.

Pamela
Knit4Charities

Steve Puffenberger

I just enabled that and we’ll see how it works.

Steve Puffenberger

Advent Media, Inc.

a digital creative agency in Columbus, Ohio

o: 614-538-1622

www.adventmediainc.com

www.adventdigitizing.com