#bug User names that have been changed are showing up as originally entered. #bug

Chris Kozel

This groups is main@HelpingHandsCelebrate.groups.io

I've attached 2 images (image 6.jpg) a snipette of the activity log where  I changed a user's display name back in March and IMG_5073.jpg from the user's screen currently where the old name is displayed.

Chris Kozel

Duane

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 02:15 PM, Chris Kozel wrote:
I changed a user's display name back in March and IMG_5073.jpg from the user's screen currently where the old name is displayed.
I don't think this is a bug, just confusion.  When you change a members' display name, it only changes it on your group, not in their account.  They'd have to change that themselves.

Duane

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 12:34 PM, Duane wrote:
I don't think this is a bug, just confusion.
Without reading the screenshot, I'm guessing there's a possibility that this is the same bug I recently reported, and that Mark says is fixed (I have not had an opportunity to test), wherein the group Display Name reverts back to the account Display Name whenever the user touches anything in their subscription page. Perhaps this happens when the user also does other actions, or perhaps the bug is not completely fixed.

Andy Wedge

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 08:53 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I'm guessing there's a possibility that this is the same bug I recently reported, and that Mark says is fixed (I have not had an opportunity to test), wherein the group Display Name reverts back to the account Display Name whenever the user touches anything in their subscription page.
I've just tested this and could not create that error so if it was there, I guess it has been fixed now.

Regards
Andy

Hopefully so. But it was impossible for me to reproduce even before fixed, and it sounds suspiciously identical to the bug behavior. Did you have a non-mod change the Display Name in your test? The bug didn’t include mods having changed it.

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 10:37 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
Did you have a non-mod change the Display Name in your test?
Yes I did.

Regards
Andy

Ok. I finally got out my glasses and looked at the second screenshot, and, as Duane wrote, the OP's complaint seems to be about the user name remaining the same, as of course it would if their display name is changed only in an individual group.

Chris Kozel

Thanks Duane! You answer for my issue was spot on.  I passed the instructions on to my user and she was able to make the correction.

Chris