Display of pending message not formatted after being edited #bug

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

If a Mod edits a pending message and leaves it in pending state and then another Mod tries to further edit the message, the initial display is a string with all the HTML tags visible rather than an an easily readable formatted message.

Regards
Andy

On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 8:52 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

If a Mod edits a pending message and leaves it in pending state and then another Mod tries to further edit the message, the initial display is a string with all the HTML tags visible rather than an an easily readable formatted message.

Hmm, I'm unable to reproduce this. Can you give me some more information? The message was an HTML message? Do both moderators have the same Editor Preference, and if so, what is it?

Mark,

On 2022-06-23 13:11, Mark Fletcher via groups.io wrote:
Hmm, I'm unable to reproduce this. Can you give me some more information? The message was an HTML message? Do both moderators have the same Editor Preference, and if so, what is it?

It does have to be an HTML message, text messages display OK.  It happens only when editing an edited & claimed message through the pending message queue screen and using the checkbox and Edit button, it doesn't happen if you're cycling through the messages and click the Edit button.

To replicate:
1. Edit and save a pending message as Mod-1.
2. As Mod-2, in the pending messages queue screen, check that message and click on Edit and the issue manifests.

The problem page is .../pendingmsg when used with the action_type=edit & fromhome=1 parameters, see attached, looks like "form-control-static" is given the raw text of the message or not being displayed as HTML.

Cheers,
Christos

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 11:32 AM Christos Psarras <christos@...> wrote:

It does have to be an HTML message, text messages display OK.  It happens only when editing an edited & claimed message through the pending message queue screen and using the checkbox and Edit button, it doesn't happen if you're cycling through the messages and click the Edit button.

Got it. Should be fixed now.