"message edit approval" notice sent when edit was saved but not send #bug

This morning I did a "save not send" edit of a message by deleting its attachments. The message was successfully edited in the archives but, confusingly, I received a "message edit approval" notice. After getting that, I thought that either I'd "saved and sent" accidentally or the edit hadn't gone through. But neither was the case. The edited message appears on the site, with the edit done. So I don't know what to make of this approval notice and I think it's a bug. I'm still scratching my head over it.

Correcting the bug description: It turns out that the approval notice was not for the message whose attachments I deleted. It was for a different message. That message was by me, and I edited the message within pending (I am on moderation so that I can edit my messages) and then approved it from pending. It was not a "sent edit." The log has no entries for any edit (except "saved-not-sent" edits). And I never responded to the approval notice. Yet, I am now seeing that a second, edited message (of the message by me) was emailed to the group with the preface "edited message follows." I'm recording these details mostly for future reference and will try to look into this further and see whether it happens again.

Meanwhile, here is a second (completely unrelated) bug: The message from which I (successfully) deleted all attachments still displays the paperclip icon in the archive. So when I was checking to see if the attachments actually had been deleted, I was misled at first into thinking they hadn't, because the paperclip icon made it look like they were still there. And in general, this means that when searching for messages with attachments, or with specific attachments (in most cases in my group, I'm looking for the specific message in which a group member has posted a lab report), you can't go by the paperclip icon.