Missing email notifications again, about Files? #bug

Andy

I think this happened a few months ago too.  Why is it happening again?  Did it happen because of the changes made tonight to the "From" address in group notifications?

Earlier this evening, a group member in my group made several file uploads, deletions, and updates.  As Moderator, I should have received automatic emails (sent to me) about each of those actions.  I received some, but not all.  The ones I am missing happened in the middle, so I think they aren't coming.  Either that, or they are "stuck" and newer messages are going around them.  It's been about 3 hours now since I should have received the missing email(s).

EDT times:

8:18 pm, files were uploaded.
8:23 pm, I received the email about these uploads.

9:13 pm, the above files were deleted by their uploader.
9:21 pm, I received the email about these deletions.

9:17 pm, new subdirectory created.
9:17 pm, files uploaded into the new subdirectory.
No email was received about them.
Note there was a missed opportunity in the email I received at 9:21 about the other files that were deleted at 9:13; but that email at 9:21 did not mention the new uploads of 9:17.

10:54 pm, files uploaded into the first directory, apparently by accident.
10:55 pm, these newly uploaded files were deleted.
10:56 pm, one file was updated in the newer subdirectory.
11:02 pm, I received an email about these uploads, deletions, and update that happened between 10:54 and 10:56 pm.

It looks like things collided around 9:13 - 9:17 pm, before the email went out at 9:21.  In the process, the information about the 9:17 uploads was lost, and only the 9:13 actions made it into the email.

Not a big deal, but it might help if timestamps were attached to each action.  Trying to trace actions that happened some time before the email about them, is somewhat tedious.

Andy

Andy Wedge

On Thu, May 12, 2022 at 05:40 AM, Andy wrote:
it might help if timestamps were attached to each action.  Trying to trace actions that happened some time before the email about them, is somewhat tedious.
I agree. Especially useful when multiple notifications are in one email due to the notification combiner. The timestamps here should the same as those in the Activity Log.

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy,

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 9:40 PM Andy <AI.egrps+io@...> wrote:

9:17 pm, new subdirectory created.
9:17 pm, files uploaded into the new subdirectory.
No email was received about them.
Note there was a missed opportunity in the email I received at 9:21 about the other files that were deleted at 9:13; but that email at 9:21 did not mention the new uploads of 9:17.

What happened was he uploaded a directory. One of the files in the directory was an image, which your group is set to not allow in the Files area. The code was set to immediately return on this error condition, which prevented a notification from being sent out about the already-uploaded files in the directory. I've changed the code so that it just ignores the image and continues.