notification to member when editing a photo caption? #misc

I'm sorry to ask this in beta, but I can't find it anywhere and it's the first time I've had to do it: Is there a notification to the member when a photo caption (or description - whatever the term is here) is edited by a moderator, just like when a message is edited? If not, should there be?

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 04:21 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
I'm sorry to ask this in beta
Better suited to GMF or Group_Help I think.

Is there a notification to the member when a photo caption (or description - whatever the term is here) is edited by a moderator
No. The Mod has the option to notify all members but an individual notice to the member that uploaded the photo is not sent.   Moderators are notified of changes if they have elected to receive them.

If not, should there be?
If/when I get complaints from members, it's normally about receiving too many emails/notifications. If it was a member option to receive them or not then I wouldn't have any concerns.

Regards
Andy

Then regard this as a suggestion. :-)

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 04:27 AM, J_Catlady wrote:
If/when I get complaints from members, it's normally about receiving too many emails/notifications. If it was a member option to receive them or not then I wouldn't have any concerns.
BTW this suggestion is along the lines of and analogous to member notification when a message of theirs is edited. If implemented (and I think it should be), I think it should not be optional for the member to receive it, just as notifications of message edits are not optional.

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022 at 03:08 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I think it should not be optional for the member to receive it
On that basis, I could not argue for it for the reasons I gave.

Regards
Andy