moderated Groups.io traffic #misc

Duane

Definitely not a matter of life and death, but I'm a bit curious about how much traffic is being handled by Groups.io, both in and out.  I know that about a year ago there were ~17M emails sent per day, quite an increase from the first 1M day just 4 years earlier.  I don't recall ever seeing a number for incoming, but I suspect a large part of it is spam.

On Thu, Dec 9, 2021 at 6:47 AM Duane <txpigeon@...> wrote:
Definitely not a matter of life and death, but I'm a bit curious about how much traffic is being handled by Groups.io, both in and out.  I know that about a year ago there were ~17M emails sent per day, quite an increase from the first 1M day just 4 years earlier.  I don't recall ever seeing a number for incoming, but I suspect a large part of it is spam.

Yesterday, 52,219 messages were sent to groups (incoming). Hopefully the vast majority of those messages weren't spam. :-)

Mark

Bob Bellizzi

And also hoping that the  % of individual emails is low. (one in many out)
Bob
--

Bob Bellizzi
FuchsFriends@groups.io online  support  group for corneal dystrophy patients & caregivers