Chrono order is reversed when you click on new selection criterion in activity log #bug

Peter Cook

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 07:20 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
This should be fixed now.
It is, indeed. Thanks, Mark!

Pete

On Mon, Nov 22, 2021 at 11:48 AM J_Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I have a vague memory of this happening in times past, and possibly even a discussion about it here, but had not noticed it occurring in full force until a few days ago, and now it always happens: if I'm viewing the group activity log, which comes up with "all activity" as the default, it's in reverse chrono order, as it should be. But if I then click on any specific filter, e.g., "message activity," it immediately reverses and I'm seeing messages from 2015. And from then on, clicking on any other criterion, or even "all activity" itself again, doesn't reverse it back. They all show up with 2015 entries at the top. The only way to reverse it back is to click on the date ("created") column.

This should be fixed now.

Beat me to it, I had this in my drafts as I was going to submit it.

The problem is that while the Search button uses (the page?) default of CreatedDESC, the URLs for the buttons have the CreatedASC sort hardcoded:

<group>/activity?p=,???,,0,1,0,0

I think changing the 1 to 0 will inherit the "page default" of CreatedDESC, if that's how that works, instead of setting it to 2, force it to CreatedDESC.

Cheers,
Christos

It can be more than annoying. People may not realize at first that the order switched. Even now, though I realize what’s happening (and some mods might not), it’s always a slight shock to see messages I that don’t belong (look weird and unexpected) at the top, and takes me a few seconds to get my bearings and click on “created.” And also, if clicking on a column is what causes the reversal, you would expect it to reverse by clicking on another column. But it doesn’t. It just stays that way ad Infinitum.

On Nov 22, 2021, at 12:07 PM, Peter Cook <peterscottcook@...> wrote:

I think I reported this some time back. It's annoying and happens in the iOS app as well.

Pete

Peter Cook