Erratic behavior of Merge Topic #bug

Andy

I have had a few instances where the "Merge Topic" function behaved oddly, like it should not do.

Just now, I used it, and there was no pop-up dialog at the last step asking for confirmation.  It just went ahead and merged the topics after I chose the "Merge into" topic.  (As it happens, I was hoping to see that dialog box this time, so that I could verify that I had selected the right two topics to merge.)

A week or two ago, I had two cases where I changed my mind and chose "Cancel Merge" before the second step.  But the merge sequence didn't cancel.  I was able to complete the merge without re-initiating it, just by selecting a "Merge Into".  IIRC, this happened twice; but when I try it again, then or now, it doesn't happen anymore.  So it is erratic.

Andy

On Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 01:37 PM, Andy wrote:
the "Merge Topic" function behaved oddly, like it should not do
Are you sure it should not behave oddly?

Andy

I have come to "love" (?) the Merge function.  We have some members in our group whose replies come with extra appendages in the Subject line, and this causes them to be separate Topics in the group.  I prefer keeping them together, so that anyone can read one Topic and see the whole thread in one place, rather than scattered and difficult to follow.

Andy

I was just commenting because the way you put it struck me funny. :-)

I don’t use Meege any more because the email threads stay separate and people keep replying to both. Merging was becoming Sisyphysean (sp).

BTW if you don’t like the appendages, you can set your entire group to MF so that any new topics are automatically moderated (just like in beta), allowing you to fix the title before the message even goes through.