moderated Links to within document broken in updated file when uploaded to the group #misc

Yesterday, I revised one of my group's major informational pdf files and uploaded the revised file to my group's Files section. This file contains many links to within the document itself. Before the update, the links all worked. But in the new document, although the links work when the document is viewed in Word (i.e., outside of groups.io), they are all broken when you view the document in the group.

I don't know whether this is a bug, or whether I'm asking for help with what is possibly a Word issue, or whether there is possibly a groups.io incompatibility with a newer version of Word. (Today I will probably create a small test file in my test group to try to check this out.) I do know that in between the old and the updated document, I updated Word. Formerly, I had an older version running on an older Mac. I got a new Mac this summer and at that point I subscribed to the new MS Word. In case anyone is about to suggest it, I did select the pdf version that's best for links, etc. (as opposed to for printing).

I need to update this document, and right now, I am not able to. I had to revert to the older version once I noticed the problem.

Would appreciate any insight into this.

p.s. Nina, if you are reading and happen to know the answer or solution to this (I suspect you might?), please feel free to let me know either onlist or in a PM! I didn't post this to docs because the issue doesn't really belong there, but I suspect you are reading here.
Thanks!

Nina found the issue! She sent me this (I trust it's ok with her to quote):

 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/internal-links-not-working-in-pdf/d91991c7-1f7a-4dff-bfe9-b2aa404a9c77.
"It appears there was an issue with internal links in PDF files generated from Word, and Microsoft issued a patch for the Windows version; however, it’s not yet working on Mac according to the latest replies in that thread, which are dated October 27 at this writing."

It turns out I was wrong that the pdf links work the in un-uploaded document. They don't. :-) So this is just the Mac bug.
Thanks, Nina!

Not only that, but Nina just asked for my doc file, and she pdf'd it using her Windows version of Word, and I'm now able to upload the revision to my group.
Mark, give this lady a raise! :-)

Nina E

Aw, shucks! :-)

Glad to be able to help in some small way.

- Nina