moderated Automatic message deletion #misc

Just the topic title.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 7:57 AM Tom Vail <tom@...> wrote:
J,

Topics have a member associated to it, it is the member who started the topic.  Look at the Message list and each topic has a "By" with it.  When a topic is deleted is that member listed in the activity log, or just the topic title?

It would be nice to have a notification go to the member as it could have been a year since the started the topic.

Tom

--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

Tom Vail

J,

Topics have a member associated to it, it is the member who started the topic.  Look at the Message list and each topic has a "By" with it.  When a topic is deleted is that member listed in the activity log, or just the topic title?

It would be nice to have a notification go to the member as it could have been a year since the started the topic.

Tom

Topics are deleted, not individual messages. There's no individual member to notify. There is an activity log entry when the topic is deleted.
--
J

Messages are the sole opinion of the author, especially the fishy ones.
My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together. - Desmond Tutu

Tom Vail

In couldn't not find the answer to the question of when a message is automatically deleted via a hashtag message expiration, does the member get any notification of the action?

Example:  I post a message with a hashtag which says to delete the message after a year.  When that time comes around, am I notified it was deleted?

Thanks for your help.

Tom