one page to see all pending messages #suggestion

Ry Jones

Hi,
I would like one page to visit where I can see all pending messages for all of my mailing lists. Right now, I can see that I have a dozen or so pending messages (mostly spam) across all of my lists, but then I have to go click several times to delete them all, or to approve the rare message I should approve.

I would like an easier way to do this.
Ry
--
Ry Jones
Community Architect, Hyperledger

Malcolm Austen

On Fri, 08 Oct 2021 14:50:59 +0100, Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:

I would like one page to visit where I can see all pending messages for all of my mailing lists. Right now, I can see that I have a dozen or so pending messages (mostly spam) across all of my lists, but then I have to go click several times to delete them all, or to approve the rare message I should approve.

May I also request ... says he hoping he isn't asking for something that's already there ... a way to search (for a person or email) all the member lists of all the groups I have access to the membership of.

ever hopeful, Malcolm.

--
Malcolm Austen - email: malcolm.austen@...

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 6:56 AM Ry Jones <rjones@...> wrote:
I would like one page to visit where I can see all pending messages for all of my mailing lists. Right now, I can see that I have a dozen or so pending messages (mostly spam) across all of my lists, but then I have to go click several times to delete them all, or to approve the rare message I should approve.

I have added this. Now when you go to https://groups.io, or to your enterprise domain, there is a new 'Pending' sidebar entry where you can view all the pending messages for all of your groups.

Cheers,
Mark

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 09:11 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
I have added this. Now when you go to https://groups.io, or to your enterprise domain, there is a new 'Pending' sidebar entry where you can view all the pending messages for all of your groups.
There are no Edit and Reject buttons on this display like there are for pending messages on individual groups.  Can we add those please?

Thanks
Andy

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 2:30 PM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

There are no Edit and Reject buttons on this display like there are for pending messages on individual groups.  Can we add those please?

I didn't add Reject because, which member notices would I include?

Thanks Mark, that page is indeed useful.

As an enhancement suggestion, in your spare time of course, adding the group name to the list as a sortable column could make it even handier.

Cheers,
Christos

Andy Wedge

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 11:33 PM, Christos Psarras wrote:
adding the group name to the list as a sortable column could make it even handier.
All of the groups I am in, including this one use the subject-tag to identify the group in some way so sorting by the subject already achieves this.

Andy

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 10:32 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 2:30 PM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

There are no Edit and Reject buttons on this display like there are for pending messages on individual groups.  Can we add those please?

I didn't add Reject because, which member notices would I include?

The precedent for this is already set in the way that the Edit & Reject options are used when there are multiple pending messages on a single group. In that case, if multiple messages are selected, the Edit button is deactivated. The Reject button is still active and the Reason For Rejection panel allows the selection of a pre-defined notice (if there is one). So, on screen https://groups.io/pendingmsgs, if multiple messages are selected, deactivate the Edit button and if those messages are from different groups, deactivate the Reject button too.  If all messages selected are from the same group, the Reject button stays active and the Reason For Rejection panel allows selection of a notice from the group they relate to..

Andy

Andy,

>>> All of the groups I am in, including this one use the subject-tag to identify the group in some way so sorting by the subject already achieves this.

Yes, mine do too, but yesterday when I checked this out, the group tags were not been included in the subject so I (mistakenly) thought there must a technical reason why they weren't hence why I made the suggestion to display the group separately.  I just checked again today and now they are there, so this takes care of it, on the computer side though, the app still doesn't show them, at least when I checked about 30 min ago, see attached.  Probably Mark hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Cheers,
Christos

Andy Wedge

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 05:06 PM, Christos Psarras wrote:
the app still doesn't show them,
Nor the mobile site.  Hopefully they'll be fixed soon.

Andy

Ry Jones

Thank you, Mark - I used this for the first time today; it works like a charm!
Ry