moderated Adding Directly #suggestion

On Wed, Sep 1, 2021 at 07:48 AM, Andy wrote:
I don't understand.  How does adding someone directly create spam problems
Just guessing, but maybe he means essentially that spam is in the eye of the beholder? If you direct-add people who don't want to be members, then they perceive all email from the group as spam?

I don't get the once-a-month thing, either, but again just guessing, I think he means that allowing basic groups to use the direct-add feature once per month gives them the chance to try it out and motivates them to upgrade if they like it, while limiting its use maintains the upgrade incentive.

Andy

I appreciate suggestions, but I don't understand.  How does adding someone directly create spam problems, and how does becoming a member once a month alleviate them?

Andy

Adding members directly is a feature that simplifies group management. But it can also create spam problems. Still, some admins and moderators need to try this feature to discover it. I wish that there was an option to become a member directly -once a month, or something like that- in limited groups. It would have been easy to persuade other group admins who were used to it to switch to Enterprise or Premium.

Just a suggestion!