moderated Allow Reply to Group and Reply to Sender buttons to show simultaneously #suggestion

I agree that flip-flopping is not a great idea. But in the case, adding “reply” after “private” would not seem to do much harm. (OTOH, not sure it does much good, either.)

On Aug 2, 2021, at 7:04 AM, Peter Cook <peterscottcook@...> wrote:

I think that at some point, changing something that's already been changed - and that people are now used to - just creates more confusion. I don't think the design is optimal but it seems to work.

Pete

Marten Post Uiterweer

And some groups will only send mail in plain format/no html and in this
case you don't have options for send to group/sender.

Regards, Marten

On Mon, 02 Aug 2021 07:04:43 -0700 "Peter Cook" <peterscottcook@gmail.com> wrote:

I think that at some point, changing something that's already been changed - and that people are now used to - just creates more confusion. I don't think the design is optimal but it seems to work.

Pete

Peter Cook

I think that at some point, changing something that's already been changed - and that people are now used to - just creates more confusion. I don't think the design is optimal but it seems to work.

Pete

Maybe "Private Reply" ?

Maybe the "Private" button wording should be changed to "Private Reply to Sender", assuming there's enough space on the user's screen for these long button names.

JohnF

Duane

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 12:41 PM, Melissa Daston wrote:
Is it possible for both buttons to show at the bottom of the postings?
They did at one time, but many people were getting confused, so it was changed to the way it is now.  Actually, you can change the settings for the group Message Policies to have all replies sent to both.

Duane

There's already a "private" button at the bottom right. So are you suggesting that it be replaced with "reply to sender"? Is it just the wording that's confusing your group members?

Melissa Daston

I've been getting requests from our user group to allow easier ways for them to reply to individuals.  The current default settings allows both reply to group and reply to sender but not both  Is it possible for both buttons to show at the bottom of the postings?