locked HTML code in posts

When I add code into a posting to generate an active picture,    When I check the post before sending, it works OK, but, after sending,  the code disappears!   Should this happen?   Is there another way of embedding code somewhere?

Regards,

Alastair Sharp (U3A German Group Owner)

Duane

If the group that you're sending to is Text Only, it will get stripped out.

Duane

Alastair,

Can you give us some more information? What code are you inserting into the message. If it's an <embed> or an <object>, many email programs won't display that (and we don't display those in the archives either).

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 11:30 PM, Alastair Sharp <alastair.sharp@...> wrote:

When I add code into a posting to generate an active picture,    When I check the post before sending, it works OK, but, after sending,  the code disappears!   Should this happen?   Is there another way of embedding code somewhere?

Regards,

Alastair Sharp (U3A German Group Owner)

Duane

I've been working with him offline. What he's trying to do is create a post online, in html mode, inserting code on the code view, and it doesn't show up when posted in the group. He's using an <iframe on the inserted material.

Duane

It is an embed, Mark.   The code is :

<iframe width="500" height="300" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://www.google.com/fusiontables/embedviz?q=select+col3+from+1FeKHeJC3zmNRKIpnwzGhY5bAO372rFFXq8dL7pnX&amp;viz=MAP&amp;h=false&amp;lat=54.925868720004516&amp;lng=-1.9801368187499975&amp;t=1&amp;z=5&amp;l=col3&amp;y=2&amp;tmplt=2&amp;hml=GEOCODABLE"></iframe>

I've got it into a Wiki page, where it works fine.   When I tried to put it in a post, I pressed the button for code view, and pasted it in underneath the code for the message.   When I went out of code view, I could see the map woring well in the post.   But when I pressed Send, the code was then completely stripped out of the post.   Perhaps that's correct!   I see it can be put in the description (Alan Crease, one of my members, e-mailed you) and I'll try that when I have time.

It may be OK just to have it in a Woki page!

Regards

Alastair