moderated Spurious Activity Log entry about Moderator's permissions #bug

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 6:07 AM Andy Wedge <andy_wedge@...> wrote:

as discussed on GMF, we are seeing spurious Activity Log entries about Moderator permissions being changed when nothing of the sort has happened.

This should be fixed now.

Not sure what you mean by "the same message" (is my message being repeated somewhere, or do you mean, the same issue?). I did notice, prior to sending that, that any time  I even went into a Mod's member page or touched it in any way, it was logged as if I'd changed their permissions. That is not happening any more.

Andy Wedge

On Tue, Jul 13, 2021 at 03:19 PM, J_Catlady wrote:
I haven't seen the GMF thread but I mentioned something along these lines recently here:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/29650
That looks like the same message and it's being logged in multiple instances whether the member is a Mod or not.  Christos saw it when approving a pending member and I've seen it when changing a member's display name. It makes no sense.

I'd go so far as to put this is the same category as a previous issue I raised when approving a pending message.

Andy

I haven't seen the GMF thread but I mentioned something along these lines recently here:
https://beta.groups.io/g/main/message/29650

Andy Wedge

Hi Mark,

as discussed on GMF, we are seeing spurious Activity Log entries about Moderator permissions being changed when nothing of the sort has happened.

Regards
Andy